Thursday, March 22, 2012

Starting BJJ

So at 41 years old, I decided to start training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Better late than never. I've always been fascinated with martial arts and after years of training taekwondo and chin na, I decided I wanted to train in something that would be more practical or applicable. No fancy jumping, 360 degree kicks here. It's all about technique, leverage, and positioning.

I'm only one week into the training at Unified BJJ. A couple of things:

1. The instructors here are top notch. They're all direct students of Pedro Sauer.
2. People at the school seem pretty friendly. The whole atmosphere is very laid back compared to a TMA school.
3. I was sore after the first day and a little more so after day 2 of training. Just not use to working those muscle sets.

So far I enjoy it. I'm going to ramp it up to 3 or 4 training days a week during the month of April/May since I'll have some time. Hopefully the job situation with Echopass works out so I can start there mid-June.

No comments:

Post a Comment