This last Saturday, the boys competed in their first ATA tournament in Park City. I'm so proud of them, they had fun and both of them did a great job. At first, Sam was scared and didn't want to compete; he just wanted to watch. But when the time came, he totally forgot about being nervous and just did it. Sam got 3rd place in forms. In the one-step sparring, both boys advanced past their first rounds and ended up competing against each other for first and second place. Carter edged out Sam (due to a little mistake Sam made) and got first place; Sam got second. They were both so proud of their medals and I was so proud of them.
I think tournaments and competitions (like Carter's piano Federation) are good experiences for them. It teaches them how to perform under pressure and in public, not to mention the amount of work it takes beforehand to prepare for it.
Pictures and videos here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108231414467324985511/posts/FJazQYRcHis
No comments:
Post a Comment